Teaching - a Passion or Profession?


When i was pursuing law ,there were various career options that are available with me ,so it was on me to decide which way i have to push myself, where i would be perfectly fit in. Then i consulted and asked some people, all have tutored me differently ,some advised me that i should go for Judiciary, because there are scarcity of Judges and it is one of the most elite profession in the field of law ; Some told me that i should go for litigation because, it is quite challenging and never let your brain go underutilized ; Some told me that you are a Company Secretary ,you should go in corporate because there is so much money you can make out of it .I slipped into dilemma and i couldn’t take the decision, then i locked myself up in the room and thought for an hour that what i want to do with my life?. Then one thought came up into my puzzled mind that, I always wanted to be teacher (as it is in my genes also), because i felt that there are scarcity of efficient teachers also, over that ‘expressing my thoughts’ is what i loved the most.This is how i landed up here, I started working towards it and i was so proud that i am chasing my passion finally.Then once i asked my students that what is the role of a teacher in your lives?, and the answers were quite disturbing ,they were all smiling sarcastically .They say they don’t need a teacher because they will study all by themselves ,or they will clear the exam by studying from reference guides only. To my surprise, I went down the memory lane and realized that i also did the same!. Later, I realized that it is so toxic for your life if you never had a good teacher. Not having a teacher by my side is the most unfortunate thing ever happened to my life. Whenever i read or teach, I always feel that i wish i could have a teacher in my life to whom i can look up to. I dearly miss it.

I have been working in the education field from the last 4 years. I began my career with this ,I never ever thought of any other profession apart from teaching .But lately i felt that people come in this field not because they are really passionate about it, but it is just they have either cleared an exam or there was nothing else they wanted to do in their lives, they are merely ‘accidental teachers’. I personally felt that it is one of the profession that requires maximum attention and importance because this is where our nation starts to build, young minds are the reflection of the nation, but no one is putting their minds in the right direction .The problem is not only on the part of students mindset, but teachers are also not worthy to call themselves teachers. The most disturbing sight is that the teachers are also doing unethical work,they are not empathizing with students ,humiliating the students ,having drugs with the students ,leaking the exam papers before exams and many more, which i never ever thought i would see in this profession. People don’t understand that this profession has some respect and dignity, and there is certain behavior and conduct that a teacher should follow.

Teaching is a skill and art, which you can’t leran by clearing an exam and by reading a lot of books. It is much more beyond that. It is one of the toughest job in the world to express oneself, not only expressing but expressing at the right time and at the right place.Teaching is also expressing the knowledge at the right time.This profession requires a lot of patience and it has taught a restless person like me to have patience in tough situations.It has made me a mature person and taught me how to deal with different set of people.This profession has taught me the value of myself, taught me how important is to express oneself. Now there is nothing in this world that i can’t express.

Holding book,pen and a note book in my hand gives me so much of pleasure and happiness , motivating people has motivated me inside,juggling my brain with the youngsters has always kept my mind open.I have made so many good memories with my students (extra reward for being a teacher) ,they have always made me feel so special and always made me a better person. Now -a -days this profession has losing its value and importance.It is no longer a profession where people want to come by choice. They are just the employees of the educational institutions, which is making me upset everyday and doubting my decision to be here. But i am hopeful and i will continue to work towards my goals. I will keep imparting my knowledge to the people or students who needs it and who are eager to grab all the opportunities. It is one of the most beautiful profession i know. I really hope that people would understand its importance and it will come back as a respectable profession as it earlier was.

Comments

  1. Mam you all are inspirations as you devote your life , towards making our dreams a beautiful learning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“Existential Realization” – A view opposed to existential Crisis

ऐ ज़िन्दगी ,अब मैं तुझे थोड़ा समझने लगी हूँ